- How to connect
- Your work space
- Manage your sessions, programs and processes
- Moving files
- Ending sessions
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Share access to a folder
- Print from research servers
- File compression
Log-on using Windows Remote Desktop Client
Instructions for Windows users
- If you are using Windows 7, Windows 8 or Windows 10 the Remote Desktop software is pre-installed.
- Earlier versions (Windows 95, 98, XP, ME, Vista, 2000, 2003) are not supported.
- Most of the information below can also be seen in a 4-minute video.
1. Open the Remote Desktop Connection application
Start Remote Desktop. more...
- Open the Start Menu
- Go to All Programs
- Go to Accessories
- Click on Remote Desktop Connection
In the Remote Desktop Connection dialog box, type the address of the research server you want to connect to.
- If your account username ends in _RS, _TH, _HTH, _OT, or _TS, use this server:
- If your account username ends in _CHE, use this server:
If you are using a CLASS account, use this server:
Click on Connect to start the connection.
2. Configure the Remote Desktop Connection
If this is your first time logging on, you may have to configure your connection. more...
- A trust verification window may appear. Check "Don't ask me again for connections to this computer." Then click on Connect.
- A window asking you to verify the identity may appear. Check "Don't ask me again for connections to this computer." Then click on Yes.
3. Log-on to the research server
If you are connecting for the first time, you will be prompted to change your password. Click OK to log-on.
You can now start using the research server remotely!
Toggle between full screen and window mode by pressing the following keys together: <Ctrl><Alt><Break>.
NOTE: It's important that you understand the difference between log-off and disconnect.