- How to connect
- Your work space
- Manage your sessions, programs and processes
- Moving files
- Ending sessions
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Share access to a folder
- Print from research servers
- File compression
Obtaining a CISER computing account
- Connecting from a Windows OS is the recommended and most highly supported method.
- Windows 7, Windows 8 or Windows 10 is required to have fully supported access. Earlier versions of Windows are not supported.
- Remote Desktop Connection for Windows is included in Windows 7, 8, and 10 systems.
- Chromebook users with remote access software can have access, though support is limited.
- Users must install a remote access application such as Chrome RDP.
Apply for a computing account
To obtain a user account on the CISER research servers, complete and submit the computing account request form.
Accounts are usually set up within 48 hours, although it may take up to a week. It depends on how long it takes to obtain the needed reviews and approvals of your application form.
All social science researchers at Cornell are eligible for CISER computing accounts, as well as their students, research staff, and assistants.