- How to connect
- Your work space
- Manage your sessions, programs and processes
- Moving files
- Ending sessions
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Share access to a folder
- Print from research servers
- File compression
Introduction to the CISER research servers
CISER maintains a group of multi-processor servers for social science researchers at Cornell. These servers are available for Cornell faculty researchers, students, staff and non-Cornell collaborators, and accessed via remote computing.
Why remote computing?
- Use your home/work computer to connect to CISER research servers.
- Use statistical software and other applications on the research servers from your computer.
- No need to buy software packages or licenses.
- Work directly with CISER Data Archive files on the research servers.
- Review usage policies
- Request a CISER computing account
- Connect to the CISER research servers
- Find and manage your work space
- Manage your sessions, programs, and processes
- Move files to/from the research servers
- Log-off vs. disconnect
For troubleshooting, see Frequently Asked Questions.