- How to connect
- Your work space
- Manage your sessions, programs and processes
- Moving files
- Ending sessions
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Share access to a folder
- Print from research servers
- File compression
Q. How can I unlock my CISER research computing account?
|Option 1.||Just wait a half-hour for the lockout to clear and then try to log back in. Account lockouts will automatically clear in 30 minutes.|
|Option 2.||If you can't wait 30 minutes, you can unlock it yourself by using the password reset application, which has an option to unlock your account.|
Q. What causes account lockouts? Can I prevent them?
Sometimes you accidentally cause your own lockout:
- When you mistype your password consecutively 3 times while trying to log-on to a research server.
- When you change your password in one research server while having a disconnected session on another. Learn how to manage your sessions.
To avoid account lockouts in the future remember to log completely off the research servers when you're not working (see Log-off vs. Disconnect) before changing your password.
Sometimes you cannot log-on to your account because CISER is having a systems downtime for maintenance. Check computing news to see if the servers are down.