CCSS-RS Research (RSCH)

Printing from the Research Servers

You can see the printers configured to your current set up on the research server by clicking on Start Menu→ Devices and Printers.

How do I Print to my local printer?

By default, Remote Desktop Connection is set to allow printer connections. Your local printer should be listed on the research server’s Devices and Printers list with a green check as the default printer.

  • If your local printer is NOT in the Devices and Printers list, you can log off and re-configure your remote desktop connection, making sure that the Printers checkbox is checked within “Local Resources” tab.
  • Your local printer should be set to LPT1, USB, or COM port.

How do I Print to a networked printer?

If you are using a networked printer, such as in a computer lab, and the networked printer you are using is not in the Devices and Printers list, you can request that it be added.

Send  a message containing the following:

  • Name of the server to which you are attached (e.g.,
  • Share name of the printer (e.g., DNS-GRAD-LAB1)
  • Name of the research server that you usually use (e.g., rsch101)
  • The printer brand and model (e.g., HP)
  • The printer driver version (e.g., 5si laserjet)

Windows 7 and later users:  To find out what the printer driver version is, on your local computer:

  1. Go to Start Menu→Devices and Printers
  2. Right-click on the Printer in question
  3. Select Properties
  4. Click on the Hardware tab
  5. Select Properties
  6. Click on the Driver tab

Note: If for some reason you are unable to print from the research servers you have the option of copying the files to your local computer and printing from there. 

Cornell Restricted Access Data Center (CRADC)

Printing from the CRADC Servers

For data security, there is no printing from the CRADC servers.

How can I Print then?

Although these is no printing from the CRADC servers, you can request a file be moved off the system and sent to you through the Secure File Transfer Request form (from outside the firewall).

  •  All file transfers are governed by the regulations specified within the data use agreements relevant to that project. No files will be transferred to a researcher against the regulations stated within the project’s data use agreement(s) in order to ensure protection of the confidential and restricted data.
  • The CRADC File Transfer Request form is also available for requesting that files be uploaded to your CRADC project, as permitted by the regulations of the project’s data use agreement(s). In general, acceptable files only contain programming or non-confidential data.