ICPSR is the Inter-university Consortium for Political and Social Research, located at the University of Michigan. ICPSR is a membership organization of over 750 universities and research institutions worldwide. Cornell was a founding member when it was organized in 1962. Membership in ICPSR, provides access to thousands of political and social science related datasets for Cornell University faculty, students and staff.
What are the benefits of Cornell’s membership?
- Datasets covering political science, sociology, economics, demography, and interdisciplinary areas.
- ICPSR also distributes data from public sources (like federal statistical agencies) with many value-added features.
- It maintains several topical archives in the areas of demography, criminal justice, mental health, aging, child care, and education.
- Online analysis and extraction tools.
- Enrollment in its summer training program of workshops and courses on social science research methods. Cornell students, faculty, and staff can attend these programs at a reduced tuition rate.