For the basics with your data, we provide a variety of training options. These range from scheduled workshops each semester with related online resources, to specialized training in classes and for research project teams.
CISER provides workshops on a variety of topics, including the use of statistical software packages. Workshops are held primarily in the Mann Library Stone lab. Workshops cover both qualitative and quantitative statistical software packages.
- How to make your thesis, dissertation or research article transparent and reproducible
- R Markdown
Custom Training for Class
We provide class training tailored to your group’s specific needs on topics related:
– data processing and management
– use of qualitative software packages such as Atlas.ti and NVivo
– use of statistical software packages such as SAS, SPSS, STATA, and R
– use of CISER’s research and class computing servers
Custom Training for Project Teams
We provide just-in-time training for project teams in both qualitative and quantitative data management and processing. Research data management and processing is a long and complex process. We provide training that is needed at a particular phase of the data lifecycle so as to eliminate loss of knowledge and skills caused by a large gap between training and actual use. Using this approach we also eliminate the need for refresher training due to subject knowledge loss or loss of people who leave the team before the training they received is used on the job.