Researchers can download and install Excel add-ins while connected to the servers.
Instructions Included with Example of downloading and installing Excel add-in “Open Solver”
- Connect to CISER servers.
- Open web browser(Internet Explorer, Firefox or Microsoft Edge) and go to URL in which you can download Excel add-in
Open Solver Link below.
Open Solver Download Link
- Download and save all the associated files on the U drive(Downloads, Documents, Desktop). More information about CISER’s U drive found in the following link.
CISER Work Environment
- If necessary unzip the files
- You only need to perform previous steps once. Recall where you downloaded the files. Following steps may need to be performed every time you want to use Open Solver.
- Open Excel
- Open blank page
- Select File -> Options -> Add-ins
- At bottom in “manage” makes sure “Excel add-ins” is select then press Go
- Click on Browse – search folders to where you downloaded and saved the Add-in files in the earlier steps
- Select the .xlam file. For OpenSolver the file is named “OpenSolver.xlam”
- Close out Add-in box
- Open Solver add-in will be visible within the “Data” tab of excel.