That’s because SPSS is trying to direct its temporary work files (“.temp” files that the user never sees) to a location for which you don’t have write access. Here’s what you do to fix that:
From within SPSS:
- Go to Edit -> Options -> and select the “File Locations” tab.
- Type in “U:\Desktop” in the “Temporary folder” box and press the “OK” button. Click “Browse” button to select a different location.
- Answer “yes” if you get the message: “Directory does not exist. Create a new one?“
- This will direct your files to your Desktop.
- Then proceed with your SPSS work. You should be able to create graphs with no problem.