Step 1: Create a folder for your project’s Atlas.ti library
Create a new folder on your computer that will become the location of your Atlas.ti 8 library for this project (for example U:\MyAtlasti8Project)
- Open Atlas.ti. On the Start Screen, click on the Options button found on the bottom left part of the screen.
- Click on Switch Library, then Next
- Choose Create a new empty library, then Next
- Choose the folder you created and designated as the location of this Project’s library (in our example U:\MyAtlasti8Project), then Next
- Then Finish.
Step 2: YOU MUST READ the following sections of the ATLAS.ti 8 Windows User Manual.
- The Project Management section, especially “Default Location For ATLAS.ti Project Data” (pages 48-53)
- If you work with a project team, also read the following sections of the manual:
- Team Work (pages 55-56)
- Setting Up a Team Project (pages 57-64)
- Project Merge (page 64)
After reading the manual, if you wish to use a different approach for creating your library, please do so.
DO NOT PROCEED TO STEP 3 IF YOU DID NOT COMPLETE STEP 2!
Step 3: Now that you’ve created the location of your library and read the manual, here are your options for transferring your Atlas.ti 7 project to Atlas.ti 8.
Step 4: Inspect your project to see if all the documents, codes, quotes and other objects are accessible.
Step 5: Keep your version 7, 6, or 5 project files! Do not move or delete them in case you need them for later.
Questions/Clarifications? Please don’t hesitate to contact the CISER HelpDesk for assistance.